Coconut Mahi Nuggets
- 1.5 pounds mahi
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko (or almond flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- lime wedges
- Whisk egg.
- In a plastic container mix coconut, panko, salt and pepper.
- Cut mahi into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet pan.
- Add mahi to egg and toss to coat evenly then transfer to coconut/panko container (repeat for about 1/2 mahi cubes)
- Once mahi cubes are in the coconut mix, place lid on container and shake to coat mahi.
- Transfer to skillet and cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side (until crust in golden brown).
- Transfer to wire rack and cool.
- Repeat for other 1/2 of mahi cubes (coat in egg, then toss in the coconut/panko mix) and cook in the large skillet.
- Serve with lime.