- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 3 medium zucchini (8oz each)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 15oz can
- 1.5 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup parmigiana reggiano
- 6 oz park skim shredded mozzarella
- Slice zucchini into 1/8" thick slices, lightly salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, blot excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Preheat a gas grill or grill pan to medium high, and grill to 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a medium saucepan, add olive oil and saute garlic and onions about 2 minutes then brown ground turkey & season with salt
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper - simmer on low for 30 minutes, covered.
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- In a 9x12 casserole spread 1/2 of meat on sauce on the bottom and layer the zucchini to cover. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, then top with 1/2 of the mozzarella & repeat the process one more time.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes & then uncover the foil and bake for 20 minutes.